Monday, October 19, 2009

Tagged, I’m it, now you!

Thanks to Claire Lancaster for passing this random little meme on, I have just completely spooked myself, but here are the rules first…

1. Collect the book that you have most handy. 2. Turn to page 161. 3. Find the 5th complete sentence. 4. Site the sentence on your blog. 5. Pass it on to 5 other bloggers.

So I just scuttled up to the bedroom to get the book I’ve been reading since we went on holiday at the beginning of September (I am absolutely determined to finish it, it will be a satisfying personal achievement – the first book I’ve managed to read from cover to cover in maybe two years).

The title is Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom and if you haven’t read it, put it on your Christmas list, it is the most truly moving, thought provoking and possibly life changing book (ok so outlook changing, little day to day tweak provoking is more realistic) I have ever read. 

Now the creepy bit – I open the book and it falls open on the page I’m up to, which is of course page 161.  Shudder.  How spooky!  Initially I was more concerned that the book I picked up as a potential quick read wouldn’t have 161 pages being the tiny wafer thin book that it is.

Anyway, here is the extract.

The camera rolled, the third and final interview.

I will finish this book before the year is out…surely that’s realistic?!  Although the simplest of realistic tasks can become absurdly difficult to complete with a feisty 14 month old son who is now head of the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment