Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogger Book Review: Reflections of God's Holy Land

Some time ago I became a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger (it was actually over a year ago).  The problem was this: I moved to Israel right after I joined.  The book that I was supposed to review came to my stateside address, but I was on the other side of the ocean.

A year later I was able to read this book and now here I am finally writing my review. The book is all about Israel (a topic I know quite well now), so I was actually anxious to read it with a perspective of someone who lives in the Holy Land.

I must admit that when I read Christian material on Israel I am often disappointed and frustrated….it isn’t always portrayed as how it truly is over here, but how it looks good for Christian fundraising efforts.  This book was different though!

Each section was broken down into three sections:

  • Did You Know?:  Facts and pictures about the area
  • Reflections: The authors personal reflections and journals regarding to times she was visiting that area
  • Verses and Biblical References to the Areas: This was just another little added feature that I personally enjoyed

Overall, I really enjoyed reading through the book, being able to personally relate to all the areas mentioned.  The pictures were great, and the reflections were wonderful.  This book would make  lovely coffee-table material!

(book written in collaboration by Eva Marie Everson and Miriam Feinberg Vamosh)

No comments:

Post a Comment