Friday, December 18, 2009

The Shack

For months people have been asking me whether I’ve read this book that has become something of a publishing phenomenon, apparently flying off the shelves in both Christian and secular bookshops.   Up until now I have resisted, partly for lack of time but also, to be honest, not liking what I had read in several reviews and feeling I had better things to do with my time.  However, I finally succumbed, deciding that I needed to be able to comment from an informed perspective but also because I wanted to know what was in this book that has become so influential among Christians.

I am glad I read it, but I need to say right up front that I am more concerned about the dangerous influence of this book than I was before I read it.   Its popularity and acceptance among so many professing believers is alarming and indicative of the poor spiritual climate of our day.

(read the full review here….)

[Via http://jandcbrand.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment