Monday, December 28, 2009

Reading Update

At the beginning of the year I posted my 2009 reading list.  I thought I’d give an update on how I’m doing (as much for myself as for anyone else).  It looks like right now that I’ll read 22 books by the end of the year, which is shy of my goal (at least 24 books) – so next year I need to get in a better rhythm or pick up the pace a little.

Here’s my reading list for 2009:

  • The Back of the Napkin – Dan Roam
  • Courageous Leadership – Bill Hybels
  • Axiom – Bill Hybels
  • Be Our Guest – The Disney Institute
  • Walking with God – John Eldredge
  • Sex:God – Rob Bell
  • First Impressions – Mark Waltz
  • The Deity Formerly Known as God – Jarret Stevens
  • Mavericks at Work – William Taylor & Polly Lebarre
  • The Truth About You – Marcus Buckingham
  • Why Work Sucks & How to Fix It – Cari Ressler & Jody Thompson
  • 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, updated edition – John C Maxwell
  • Communicating for a Change – Andy Stanley & Lane Jones
  • Tribes – Seth Godin
  • What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – Marshall Goldsmith
  • Uprising – Erwin McManus
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands – Nancy Ortberg
  • I am not but I know I AM - Louie Giglio
  • Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
  • Creating Community – Andy Stanley & Bill Willits
  • Fired Up or Burned Out – Michael Lee Stallard
  • The Encore Effect – Mark Sanborn
  • The Purple Cow – Seth Godin
  • Killing Cockroaches – Tony Morgan
  • Letters from a Nut – Ted L. Nancy
  • The Go Giver – Bob Burg & John David Mann
  • Leadership & Self Deception – The Arbinger Institute
  • Chasing Daylight – Eugene O’Kelly
  • Cirque Du Soleil: The Spark – John U. Bacon & Lyn Heward
  • The Five Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
  • Primal – Mark Batterson
  • A Million Miles in a Thousand Years – Donald Miller

If you’re interested, here’s a list of books that I read in 2008.  In a few days I’ll post my initial book list for 2010.

[Via http://jsantorum.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment