Friday, August 28, 2009

"Healing the Masculine Soul"

Last week on my night off, I decided to find a new book to read and I saw Healing the Masculine Soul by Gordon Dalby on my roommate’s shelf.  I picked it and and it was so riveting that I finished it in five days.  I was particularly gripped by the challenge to not “feminize” Jesus and God like much of the Western church has done.  Many times, the virtues that are highlighted by the church are humility, meekness, compassion, which are all good things, but more naturally inclined for women.  But the masculine traits of strength, integrity, willingness to fight on behalf of others are not highlighted as much in the church.  And honestly, I do not want to be known as “a nice guy,” but as one who is strong and has the courage to be like the Lion of the tribe of Judah and roar.  To not be afraid of difficulties and challenges that characterize this present evil age and to be an agent of God’s kingdom on the earth.

[Via http://hanmankim.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment