Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jew Of The Week

Peter S. Beagle is a Jew!  Who knew!?

I entered geekdom in grade 7, shortly after reading The Lord Of The Rings.  In an effort to recapture the magic of Middle Earth, I started reading all the fantasy novels I could get my hands on.  Unicorns and dragons replaced brumbies and dogs.  Just around puberty…perrrfect!  Anyhoo, one of my favorite finds was The Last Unicorn.  Like Narnia and LOTR, The Last Unicorn was one of those rare books that could genuinely transport you to an alternate universe, a different reality.  One of my favorite reads ever.  I recently purchased a copy of the book for my kids…and gosh, I might have to reread it as well.  I also just bought Peter’s new collection of short stories, We Never Talk About My Brother. The last Unicorn has also been made into a wonderful animated movie which may be purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment