Saturday, March 21, 2009

books and reading

A lot of people have been asking me what I am going to do while my sweetheart is away.  I’ve thought about it, and three or four things are officially on the list of “deployment duties” for me.  One, however, stands out a little bit more than the others.  

 

I am going to read.   

 

This is partially because I recently discovered that I can, in fact, read for pleasure.   It is also partially because I will be going back to school (doesn’t quite fit into the reading for pleasure category, unfortunately).  Since I will be reading so much, I thought I’d offer up a book review of sorts.   Here we go! 

 

I spent an evening completely wrapped up in the first half of this book…and spent the next day sneaking in little snippets as time allowed.  All in all, an entertaining and interesting read, although I wouldn’t recommend trying to re-tell the story to someone over the phone.   The plot doesn’t seem as good that way.   (For those of you who don’t know, Nick Hornby also wrote About a Boy).

 

I spent approximately 10 minutes trying to like this book.  It didn’t work out between us.  I tried really hard.  

 

I have a stack of 7 or 8 books on the coffee table just waiting to be cracked open.  Once I’ve gotten through the first one (or decided that it just isn’t going to happen), I’ll be sure to offer up my opinion

 

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment