Sunday, March 22, 2009

EMN Mailbag: Book for hearing-impaired kids

Ms. Saxton –

I’ve recently published a children’s book called “Princess Maggie and the Magic Ears” for hearing-impaired children being fitted with hearing aids.  I first wrote the story for my daughter when she first started feeling self-conscious about wearing her hearing aids to school or around other kids in general.  It is written in fairy-tale form about a princess needing aids, but also includes real descriptions of hearing tests, getting fitted for ear molds, and hearing aids.

Please pass this around to anyone you think might be interested in getting a copy, such as audiologists, ENT’s, family doctors, librarians, parents, teachers, and speech therapists.  I can also get a bulk discount ($4 each) on large numbers of copies.

Thank you so much for your help!  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  If you’d like a photo of the cover art to use, please let me know.

Sincerely yours,

Kimberly Bright

kimberlybright@verizon.net

317-224-6123

No comments:

Post a Comment