Monday, November 9, 2009

Rick Remender's SORROW and then some.

To be adapted for the screen by Twisted Pictures of "Saw" fame.

To further incriminate myself, I recommend that you enjoy a funny SNL spoof of “Twilight.” (I am so looking forward to “New Moon,” I just can’t help myself.)

I also recommend you check out this article about Rick Remender’s Sorrow getting picked up by “Saw”’s production company, Twisted Pictures. To channel my students, “Oh. Em. Gee.” I <3 Sorrow big time. I also <3 “Saw” big time. Does life get any better than this? I may burst.

I suppose this would be the time to say that I read Sorrow when I was first doing the comic book thing. I saw that it was being compared with the psychological horror of “The Exorcist” and “Psycho” and thought it could only be but so bad. There are actually a good few graphic novels I’ve read that actually make my chest clench and make me say, “Oh, shit.” Sorrow was the very first of all that I’ve encountered so far. If you want to see real horror in graphic novel form, Sorrow is not a bad place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment