Friday, July 24, 2009

AURELIA by Anne Osterlund

Aurelia is the next in line for the throne of Tyralt. She’s rebellious, sarcastic, and sharp tongued but she’s the only reason why the people aren’t overthrowing her father. She truly cares about what the people thinks, and they can’t wait until she’s their ruler. So, why would anyone want to kill her? Over the last several months there have been numerous attempts at assassination, but the king keeps this a secret from her. Aurelia’s old classmate, Robert travels all the way to Tyralt from the countryside to protect her. As everything draws to an end, everything that Aurelia holds close is threatened as the secrets to who’s betraying her is revealed.

Aurelia has everything that I look for in a book: romance, adventure, and headstrong characters…I thought this book was very well written, and I liked how the author ended the book. I’ve watched many movies and read many books about royalty and I thought the ending was perfect. Life in royalty really is that harsh and I’m just happy that Aurelia got her version of a happy ending. I’ll definitely be reading more books by this author.

Ratings: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment