Friday, March 12, 2010

Tales of a Female Nomad

So I just finished the book Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman. It was a very interesting book. Its about how Rita getting into a Nomad lifestyle in her late 40s after living in LA and getting a divorced. Then it goes into the place, people, and her experiences for the next 15 years around the world. Mexico, Indonesia, New Zealand are the major stops along the way. It was a fun book to read and see how a single women in her 50s traveled and trusted people to help her around.

I just hope some day I can do some of the traveling she did. I don’t know if I could ever really do the whole nomad thing, I would get to homesick. I need a place to call home but then again my mind might change. Asked me 4 years ago if I would live in Bulgaria and have not been home or to American in going to be over 30 months I would of told you where crazy. But for now I know I need to go “home” and the problem is money. Today people are doing the Nomad lifestyle thanks to money back home or interest business that they can take with them on the road. But I don’t have either. Its hard you miss a lot at home I would think. So maybe when I’m in my 60s I will keep this in mind, in fact I know I will have the travel culture bug, because I now have it and its something that will never go away.

[Via http://andreaekruse.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment