Friday, February 5, 2010

Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? - Review

I was aware before buying this that it wasn’t Blade Runner, but Blade Runner being one of my favourite films, if not my favourite, made me picture quite vividly the characters and their personalities from the movie rather than the book. I was able to get past this minor (and the only) obstacle in the book and then Philip K. Dicks characters took on a personality of their own.

Philip K. Dick makes some clever use of distorting your emotions and morals towards the androids by twisting and turning them with different angles at which to look at them from. I noticed (not straight away) that the Penfield mood organ seems to have a modern equivalance. Music and books, I thought, are much like the mood organ because you choose what you want to feel like. A sort of escapism. But Sky television is the best comparison (it even has 3 digit channels!).

One of the best books I’ve read for a while. More science fiction is what my book collection needs. And at least a few of them will be by this superb author.

[Via http://byrensbooks.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment